Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jet Lag

Today I slept, and slept, and slept!



My intent was to get up for breakfast (at check-in I received a book of breakfast coupons) that is served between 7 - 9:30 a.m. and then return to my room to catchup on sleep. I set the alarm on my cellphone for 8 a.m. I heard it going off in the distance and decided to ignore it. The next thing I heard was the doorbell (real chimes). It was housekeeping wanting to clean the apartment. I passed. Consciousness came at 4:30 p.m.! I slept the entire day!



Instead of going downstairs to the restaurant for dinner I ordered room service - salmon japanese style.



I'm watching TV- a local program about sports that seems to be geared toward teens. No, I cannot understand the spoken word, but who says that is the only way of communicating? There is CNN and BBC World in English, but the segments get repeated endlessly, and of course the range and depth of news is limited.





I'm catching up on e-mail and will go back to sleep.

No comments: